Friday, February 15, 2008

Prep for Erwin's Big Day

I don't even know where to begin; I'm so deliriously tired that I apologize if I don't make sense at times. I started this blog several months ago but my creative husband has taken over!!!!! ANYWAYS!!!

Yesterday (Friday) was a busy day helping Erwin and Becky prepare for their big day (which is in 14 more hours). As a wedding coordinator, I've done more than 2 dozen weddings, and this has been far the most exhausting yet rewarding one yet.

Have you guys heard of this new trend called "bride's man?" Basically, it a guy who stands on the bridesmaid side. No he doesn't wear a dress - at least I hope they don't start wearing dresses. Anyways, I haven't seen (yet) a grooms woman...For all the stuff I put up with him, I think I should have been the first in Erwin's wedding (half jokingly)..

I've know Erwin since college; my first real encounter with him was a drive up to Davis to visit some friends and he talked the whole time...No seriously, I uttered maybe 3 words - if that. And ever since then, he and I (mainly him) have had wonderful talks together.. yes mainly it was about sisters he was interested in...haa, haa...I remember at times he would call Mike from whatever business trip he was in and would talk soo much that Mike would have to hand me the phone and go to sleep. I would stay up and talk with him for hours...did I mention it was mainly about sisters he was interested in....

Well, lo and behold - waiting on God's timing brought him a wonderful sister in Christ name Becky. She's great, down-to-earth, simple, and no at all talkative like Er....God brings people together to compliment each other - but in this case, Becky is here to tame Erwin..

Well, I should get some sleep cause "today" is a busy day...We'll definitely post pictures and narratives on how his wedding went. Until then.....

No comments: