At last month's Mother's Club, we learned a little bit of gardening and for those who know me, I'm far from having a green thumb. My parents have always had the green thumb in the family - resurrecting majority of the plants that I kill. My mother even has a garden of orchids in her backyard (over 300 of them). So when this opportunity to learn a little about planting and growing veggies, I took the opportunity to get my fingers dirty. Below are two of the three veggies that I wanted to grow. Unfortunately the third, which was green beans, didn't end up sprouting. I picked these particular veggies because it is my daughter's favorites to eat.
It has been a delight and something I look forward to each morning as I see my plants grow; I can even understand why people talk with their plants. I admit, I've done that a couple of times.
I haven't transferred them into their own pots but will soon learn how to go about doing so. I can't wait to see the first fruits of my labor.
2 comments:
Good for you, Bess! I won't even bother to try my hand at this--I'm that bad!
Jean, I thought I was also. It really isn't that hard, all I did was put the seeds in. It's kinda neat to see the plant sprout and grow.
Post a Comment