
No this is not an official contest but we do need your help in planning our family summer excursions. Sad to say, this summer, we decided not to do our annual summer trip to Hawaii. No, Mike and I didn't fall and hit our heads - however, possibly suffering from momentary insanity (but that's another story). Our motivation for staying local is that several months from now, we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and would like to do something BIG.
So here is what we need from you - suggestions of local (Northern Cali - no further than 4 hours from the Bay Area.) activities, places to see, food to conquer, etc.
Here are our planned excursions already:
Fairyland in Oakland http://www.fairyland.org/ Gilroy Family Gardens http://www.gilroygardens.org, Chabot Observatory, Discovery Kingdom, San Francisco Tourist Spots: Pier 39, Golden Gate Bridge, Zoo, etc, Rutherford Grill (our personal favorite restaurant), Espetus Brazilian Churrascaria http://www.espetus.com/ , Sanora (hunting for gold), and Monterey.
Prize: If we decide to go on your suggested excursions, you will:
1. Be highlighted on our blog
2. Receive a souvenir
3. Come with us!!!
No purchase - I mean - no suggestions necessary. If you would like to join us, we would love for you to come!!!
7 comments:
Have you been up to Point Arena? Maria and I went up there a couple years ago. Very serene setting. It's beautiful...I mean, it ain't Hawai'i but it has its own Northern California kind of beauty.
How about SF. Zoo or Sac Zoo, or Old Sac, or a Beach, or Sausalito
If you take Susan's Sausalito recommendation, then you can't resist stopping at Lappert's. Or if you wanna cross the bridge, you can take a stop at Mitchell's. Oh wait... this isn't a post about ice cream. Hmm... wonder what's on my mind?
What happened to you guys? I thought you were coming to SD? Anyway, if you need a family to go to Gilroy Gardens with, call us up! We love that place!
Vange, we were heading down to SD until Mike found out he had a meeting on Monday and that you guys were coming back on Tuesday. For some reason, I thought you guys were going for 1 week (in lieu of Hawaii). But yes, you can definitely come with us to Gilroy. Let's plan at the picnic this Friday.
For some reason I'm having a difficult time coming up with a new or novel place to visit, though I'm sure there are tons! I like Rod's idea of seeing Point Arena--we've never been there before. Maybe we'll have a chance to swing by while we're up in Mendocino for camping!
Have you ever taken the ferry to SF's farmers market on Saturday mornings? That's always fun for us...
Here's several places that my kids (and Amel and I) enjoy going to:
1. Children's Discovery Museum in San Jose. (Costs as much as a movie and the parking is cheap.) Afterwards, went to Santana Row w/the Lacsons one year...that was fun.
2. Prewitt Family Water Park in Antioch. (Not sure how KayKay will react to chlorine in water, but it's so family friendly)
3. Wackford Aquatic Center in Elk Grove (been to a couple of birthday parties there...very family friendly)
4. The State Fair in Sac (never been there, but always wanted to)
5. This one park in San Jose sounds like fun: Sleepy Hollow Park or something like that.
6. Great America (it's been years!)
7. The Drive in theatre in Concord on a Tuesday night.
Man, listing all these things makes the summer seem so short...
Post a Comment