Tuesday, May 20, 2008

FIFI Recipe: Tangy Meatballs (A Memorial to FIFI)

No, this is not in celebration of the upcoming Memorial Weekend however, it is a type of memorial. I had my relatives from the Philippines over for dinner last week and I showed my aunt my new recipe book (FIFI). She liked it very much but unfortunately couldn't go to Costco to buy it since they were leaving early the following morning for the east coast. I figured I would let her have it and I can always buy another one....Well, I went to Costco today to purchase another copy and guess what...they don't carry it anymore!!! Argh!!! What makes this doubly-devastating is that Mike, for Mother's Day, bought me a new crock pot!! Oh well, maybe they'll restock it again in the future. There's always the Internet, I guess (reluctant expression). Fortunately, I was able to purchase the new cook book from our church, so I'll just supplement the FIFI recipes to CBCrecipes for now (still not the same). Hopefully it won't be too long until I get my hands on another copy. (sigh). Let me preface by saying that this particular recipe is from complete memory:



Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Ideal Cooker Size: 4 qt

2 lbs Pre-cooked Meatballs
2 cups Cocktail Sauce
1 cup Grape Jelly

Preheat meatballs according to package instructions. Combine cocktail sauce and grape jelly in bowl and mix with whisk until fully mixed. (It may still be a little lumpy). Place meatballs and sauce in slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. Keep on low until ready to serve.

1 comment:

~V~ said...

I went to Costco...you're right it wasn't there. : ( Were you able to find it at any other book store? By the way, cocktail sauce and grape jelly? I think I need some apple cider vinegar just reading that combo! : P