Thursday, April 3, 2008

Second day was better than the first

Scott is hecka bold. We went out further than we did yesterday. Yesterday I said to myself that is as far as I want to go. But again Scott pushed me further and I was greatly rewarded. Colorful reefs, a ton of fish, and clear waters again. It was like looking into a glass of water. It was perfect snorkling conditions...until we went around the reef. The waves were super big, for snorkling at least. I poked my head up after a wave to see how far the next one was and got hit with another right behind it. And another, and another. It was non-stop. So I gave Scott the signal that I wanted to go back and when we did we were greeted by a huge turtle. It must have been 300-400lbs. We know because a lady weighing slightly less was dwarfed by the honu.

Then right before getting out of the water Scott and I saw a gang of puffers. It literally was a gang. The muscle swam backwards with mouth open and the rest rummaged the corals and the sandy bottom. It was really cool.

No comments: