Saturday, April 19, 2008

Girls' Weekend: Slumber Party and Birthday Spa Outing for Michelle

This weekend has been full of activities. Friday night, the gals from COV & CORE got together for a slumber party at Josie's house; we played games, got to know each other better, watched 'Hitch', and didn't sleep until close to 5 am. Amazingly this is the first time Keaolani stayed home and didn't come with me. Mike so graciously offered to watch her. I came home this morning with both of them on the couch sleeping - should have taken a picture of it because it was the cutest thing. For some reason, it's so much easier for her to sleep when Mike is watching.

We spent the early afternoon at home resting before Jenny and Michelle came to pick me up for a spa outing in SF at Nordstrom. Believe it or not, this would be my first spa treatment; Oh, I used my gift card that I wasn't able to use when I went shopping with Jenny in Walnut Creek about a month ago. I opt for a 60 minute massage...Boy did that 60 minutes go by really fast. Michelle got one too while Jen had a facial done...I mean "did". After we were all done, we were hungry and headed out to 'The Cheesecake Factory' on top of Macy's. The wait was over 90 minutes if we wanted to be seated inside while only 15 minutes for the patio. I don't know if my blood is still thin from Hawaii but it was super cold in the city however, our hunger exceeded our need to stay warm and we decided to eat out on the patio. Fortunately, they had heater lamps.


Dinner was fun, food was delicious, dessert was - as Jenny would say - "off the hook" and company was sweet. I forgot to mention this was all for Michelle's birthday (which happens to be this coming Monday.) It never fails, when us 3 get together - we end up talking story about something that happened years ago and end up laughing so hard tears are shed.

I just got home past midnight to find everyone asleep. So blessed to have a husband who encourages me to have some "time off" so I can relax and enjoy myself with sisters. No curfew was set and Keaolani was cared for. The sweetest thing was coming home, opening up my laptop and the background was changed to a message both from Mike and Keaolani that they both love me. God is good!

No comments: