Thursday, January 6, 2011

Books I'm Currently Enjoying

For the new year, I've picked up two new books and I must say I'm enjoying both of them; at times, I'm torn as to which I want to read.  The first book is called Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney and the second one The Book on Leadership by John MacArthur.



I'm reading Feminine Appeal for our women's bible study at IGC; the first time I read it, I read 3 chapters and would have gone further had I not reminded myself that we're only going to discuss the first chapter in our meeting this month.

The second book, The Book on Leadership, is more for leisure however, it's become more than that.  As I read it for the first time, yesterday, I found myself engulf in the story about Paul and Nehemiah and the qualities they possessed as godly leaders.  I'll elaborate more on these books at a later posting.  If you have a chance and in search of new books to read, I would definitely recommend these two books.

3 comments:

~V~ said...

Feminine Appeal is one of my favorite books! Don't forget to add "Don't Make Me Count to Three."

Bessiedavid said...

Can I borrow after I read the other book(s)

Jean M said...

I really enjyed Feminine Appeal, too!