We began her day by singing her happy birthday when she woke up. Oh a side note, you know when someone has a lot of birthday parties to celebrate the same birthday when they ask, "Mommy, when is my real birthday?" Yes, she went there and as I confirmed to her that "today" was her actual birthday, I noticed a little doubt displayed on her face. You see, this year has been a little interesting (to say the least) and with plans to move here from the mainland this past summer, I threw Kk a slumber birthday party so she can celebrate with all her girlfriends from the mainland. That was party #1. Party #2 was when we went back to CA just a month ago to visit our family and my parents and sister threw her another party. So naturally, on her real birthday, we wanted to do something special for her and have her island friends come - Party #3. Yeah, I can kinda see the confusion with her and when her actual birthday is.
An added surprise was that her dad was able to come home early from work and treat us to brunch at IHOP (yes very Hawaiian.)
She ordered for herself a banana-strawberry pancake - it was soo ono (good)!
After brunch we headed home so that I can make her birthday cake to bring to Chuck E. Cheese. Since Kk can't have any eggs, I had to be creative in making her a "cake." A few years ago, a dear sister suggested I make Rice Crispy cakes for her instead. I had planned on making something much more elaborate but found out they do not have a Michael's Craft store here on the island - what!!! (I'm going to save my comment for another post). So I decided on making this instead...
It's a strawberry rice crispy treat cake; very easy to make. I received many inquiries on how I made it, etc. If you are interested in knowing, it's the same instructions as if you were to make regular rice crispy treats. I used strawberry flavored marshmallows instead to give it the pink color and I used a heart shape mold, but basically you can use any kind of mold you desire.
Did Kk have fun?! Definitely! We were at Chuck E. Cheese until past 10 pm. Here's a couple of snapshots taken through out the night. Mahalo for those that were able to come and making it a memorable real birthday for Kk!
Hau'oli lā hānau Kk! May God use you for His glory and grant you many more birthdays!
We love you!
We love you!

1 comment:
dude I have to really hurry up and give u the dress I bought for her from Samoa before she outgrows it LOLOL. CUTE PICS
Post a Comment